5 tips, tricks and hacks for Windows 8
1. Put "God Mode" in easy reach
2. Put a quick-and-dirty Start menu on the taskbar
3. Use and hack the Power User menu
4. Customize the lock screen
5. Lock the lock screen image
Log out of Windows or restart it, then log back in. The lock screen background shouldn't be changeable -- consider it locked. If you want to allow the background to be changed in the future, use the Registry Editor to change the value of NoChangingLockScreen from 1 to 0.
reference source : http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9236188/10_Windows_8_tips_tricks_and_hacks?taxonomyId=125&pageNumber=1