How to Back Up Your Bookmarks on Mozilla Firefox
If you have Mozilla Firefox, and have a lot of bookmarks (favorites), then you might want to read this article to know how to back them up. This is also very useful if you want to take your bookmarks and put them on a different computer.
Up Your Bookmarks
- NOTE: Under Mozilla Firefox V 3.6.10, go to the "Import and Backup" tab in the top margin.
- Select "Export HTML".
edit Installing Bookmarks
- 1Go to the Bookmarks tab, then "Organize Bookmarks"
- You can save this to a flash drive, or a CD/floppy or you can transfer it to another computer for keeping there. You can also keep a copy on your computer, in case your bookmarks are deleted.
If you are anything like me, you use different computers as you move from place to place. There is nothing more annoying than losing your favorite Firefox Extensions, Themes, Bookmarks, etc., as you move from computer to computer. Here is an easy way to have a consistent set of tools available on each machine.
- Install Google Browser Sync (see External Links).
- FEBE - Firefox Extension Backup Extension.
- CLEO - Compact Library Extension Organizer.
- 3Right-click to the right of the menu and choose Customize. Drag the FEBE and CLEO icons onto the toolbar.
- 4Click the down arrow on the FEBE icon. Set the default backup directory for FEBE and set your backup options.
- 5Back up Firefox into the destination directory.
- 6Click the down-arrow on the CLEO icon. Set the default directory and options.
- 7Select the extensions to combine into a single package and click OK.
- 8Put this on an online folder so you have access to it from any machine you are working on.
- 9Reinstall the backed up profile onto the target machine and restart Firefox. You should have everything that was on the previous browser.
TOOLS LINK :
|FEBE homepage: http://febe.SoftwareByChuck.com |
FEBE FAQ: http://febe.SoftwareByChuck.com/febeFAQ.html
FEBE backup tutorial: http://softwarebychuck.com/febe/tutorial/febe101.html
FEBE profile restore tutorial: http://softwarebychuck.com/febe/tutorial/febeRestoreProfile.html
|CLEO: http://cleo.SoftwareByChuck.com |
CLEO FAQ: http://cleo.SoftwareByChuck.com/cleoFAQ.html
|TEBE homepage: http://tebe.SoftwareByChuck.com|