- The viewer software is open source, licensed under the GNU Public License.
- The viewer grew out of frustration over there never being good PDF or PostScript viewers or readers on all different operating systems and computers I use. Initially, the Adobe Acrobat PDF reader wasn't available for Linux.
- The solution: a web interface! All major operating systems have somewhat functional web browsers available, so now I can view PDF and PostScript files wherever I want, and it can handle compressed files too.
- Better user interface
- Convert to different formats
- Page layout
- Better error messages
- Better feedback
- Increase speed (possibly by only converting pages on demand, instead of converting all like now)
- View documents in more than 256 colors
- Page zoom
- Bookmarklet, Greasemonkey inline link translation
- Q: How long will my document be available? A: Documents are cleared from the viewer three days after they where last viewed. The cache may be purged more often.
- Q: Will it install under Windows? A: Beats me! I've heard several people try, but I don't know if they've ever succeeded.
- Q: What makes these features possible? A: In one word: Open Source (oops! that was two words...). In several words: Ghostscript, php, wvWare, Apache, ImageMagick, gnu wget, gnu zip, Linux and so on.
- Will PdfMeNot always be free?
Yes, PdfMeNot will always be free in its current form..
- Is PdfMeNot available for license?
You are however free to link to it and use the tools to embed documents on your site or
upload them for viewing.
- Is a version of PdfMeNot available to download so that I can use it locally or on my server?
however free to link to it and use the tools to embed documents on your site or upload them
- How long will uploaded pdfs stay on the server?
Pdfs on the web will be cached for a maximum of 2 days before we try fetching them again.
- Is there a way to open the pdfs on a particular page within the document?
- Is it possible to set a zoom value?
A free, online PDF reader, editor, form filler, & form designer.
|Use PDFescape to quickly and easily fill out PDF forms.|
PDFescape is free online PDF editor:
Without required downloads or installations!
Without required registration!
With PDFescape, you can fill in PDF forms, add text and graphics, add links, and even add new form fields to a PDF file.
Looking forward your valuable comment on this tutorial !!!!